ruth's photos zero four ay five five: whiney.

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

whiney.

Where has 2004 gone? I want the nice outdoor tables where we used to slave away for Econs Promos (and yet still suck terribly at it) before we gave up and went blading at East Coast (with the excuse 'taking a break') and blast weird music, most recognizably from Rau's or Corrie's or LiTing's CDs. And Jon would lock himself in the Reading Room and later come out, get on his bicycle and go home. I don't even see his bicycle anymore! I have a picture of Raudhah posing on the bicycle like it was a Harley-Davidson. I don't like our 24-hr workshop very much. I THINK TIME IS NOT BEING VERY NICE TO US HERE!! Half the time we are worrying about school-related work, the other half is spent doing it. We are not spending time wisely here!!

Let's do a Year One spur-of-the-moment thing, except this time it will be a planned one! We will all troop down to the beach and jump into the sea and scream and play like we have just ended our Geography Promos (which seemed like EVERYTHING ended, and life has just begun) and we will feel 16 again (or 17 if you are an old, old fogey).

Pause. (Like an absurd piece!)

I day-dream too much. We don't have anymore time left for life, eh?

She got out of town on the railway, new york bound
Took all except my name
Another alien on broadway
Well, some things in this world you just can’t change
Some things you can’t see until it gets too late

Baby, baby, baby when all your love is gone
Who will save me from all I’m up against out in this world
And maybe, maybe, maybe
You’ll find something that’s enough to keep you
But if the bright lights don’t receive you
You should turn yourself around and come on home

I got a hole in me now
I got a scar I can talk about
She keeps a picture of me in her apartment in the city
But some things in this world
Man, they don’t make sense
Some things you don’t leave until they leave you
And then the things that you miss

-Matchbox Twenty; Bright Lights


No worries! Am still as sane as I..uh, ever was. Hehh.

-DT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home